|When a LIFEPAK CR® Plus AED, LIFEPAK
EXPRESS®, or HeartSine® samaritan® PAD is
used to save a life*, the survivor chooses an
organization to receive a donated AED. The
survivor can choose to make their donation to
the organization anonymously or be part of a
|Physio-Control is committed to saving lives
and making public access Automated External
Defibrillators (AEDs) more readily available in the
workplace and community. The donation of a
defibrillator through the Forward Hearts program
extends this lifesaving technology to even more
people, offering many a better chance of survival in
the case of sudden cardiac arrest.
* Forward Hearts is available to survivors saved out of hospital in a
workplace or community setting by a layperson rescuer. Other exclusions
apply. Please contact your sales representative for details.
Facts and figures:
- more than 80% of all cardiac deaths happen at home, in your spare time or at work.
- In Austalia almost 30,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) a year.
- You are more likely to die of SCA than of Cancer
- You are most likely to die of SCA outside an area of medical help
- SCA strikes suddenly and time is of the essence
- Every minute of delay reduces chance of survival by 10% - after 10 minutes it’s all over
- Statistics show the average ambulance response time is above 12 minutes
- Without effective CPR & defibrillation you have about 4 minutes before risk of irreversible damage or death
- If there was a vaccine developed that was effective against cancer, would you not buy it? Defibrillation and CPR is the only effective treatment for SCA
- Do you have a fire extinguisher in your house or workplace? Nearly 30,000 Australians die from SCA each year - you are more likely to die of SCA than in a fire